I’ve been home the last few days, by taking some leave Thursday and Friday. This meant I’ve spent a lot more time with the boys than usual. Some few observations I’ve made:
• A1 doesn’t get sick often, but when he does, it’s pretty severe and he suffers greatly from man-flu as well.
• A2 gets sick fairly often, but is generally still a very pleasant little being.
• When I get sick, life pretty much just goes on. It has to, I am the mommy.
• Speaking of Mommies, mine is back for good and has been here to help me with the boys for the last couple of days. I am forever thankful, she has made life that much easier by being here. I laf my Mommy!
• A2 can seriously cruise around/along the walls/couches/tables. He’s like Speed Racer! He has also mastered the art of bending over and picking up anything that’s on the floor. (While holding onto a steady object, of course). He has face planted a few times, but he’s more successful than not.
• We have finally figured out that A2 can hold his own bottle. He drinks, checks to see how much is left then drinks some more. I’m not entirely sure how long he’s been able to do this. As our last baby, I think we’re trying to keep him a baby as long as possible.
• He also tells me “klaar” when he is finished/done with something.
• A2′s vocabulary at the moment: mamma, pappa, Anta (his brother) and also sometimes Anta-y, ouma, oupa, klaar, kyk daar, uit (for anything any dog does), hap, hier (when giving you something), bye, drie (when you start counting een, twee he says drieeeee, or when he wants to play a certain game) and probably his most favorite of all time right now KAR!
• Cars are his absolute favoritest things in the whole entire world right now, alongside his brother, in any shape or form. He goes crazy dilly for them!
• A1 just told me one day he’s going to marry this one girl at school and her name is Jaime. (She’s a cute lil thing).
• A2 is sporting a TinTin in the front and a ducktail at the back. Too cute.
• My boys are so different, yet so alike, they *MUST* be family!
• A2 is not afraid of food, at all! I fear for our grocery bills as he grows up…
• A1 is an okay eater. Some days more than others. Currently, he doesn’t eat green veggies.
• A1 had(s) a thing for boobs and bra-straps. Specially when he feels needy/sick. A2 has a thing for hair. I have random tufts sticking out and being awkward on my head, because the ripped out pieces are only now growing back :/
• A2 has learned to blow, and proceeds to blow raspberries on A1′s belly. He is also fascinated with A1′s bellybutton. It’s rather funny.
• A1 has always been a loving child and still gives hugs and kisses freely. A2 has also just learned to give kisses when asked. It’s beautiful. He’s also started giving out quick hugs when passing you by on the couch.
• A1 is a beautiful, thoughtful child. Words can’t really explain, it’s something that must be experienced.
Somehow I must be doing something right. I am truly blessed!